The Singles Scene Column© March 2019
Stop the Madness
by: Kelly Leary, M.S., Founder of Revolution Dating
"Your relationship begins and ends with you." ~~Yours Truly
Are you still hoping that online dating will get better for you? Are you dating the wrong person or telling yourself you are "happy being single?" What have you done to improve your love life and social life so far in 2019? Most of us are primarily dedicated to our work and home life which makes up 80% of our waking hours, and in some cases (like single parents or business owners who comprise a large part of our client base) the percentages are higher. It's easy to get stuck in a routine and forget that YOU deserve to enjoy YOUR life too. Falling back into your own Groundhog Day vortex (recall the Bill Murray movie)--is easier than you think. I bet many of you are already in your own version of "wake up~repeat cycle" but there is hope for you too. The good news is you already know you need to change your ways. Now all you need to know is how to find the who!
This month I offer you list of rules to live and love by. In the next few weeks, try to balance familiarity with adventure...your duties with some rebellion...and watch the doors of life open up to you. Consider the following to be elixirs of life and love. After reading, go live it up and "be the change" you seek. A stable romance can alter the biology of your life.
1. Stop Doubting Yourself. You’re either working hard or have worked hard your whole life. I ask many of my retired clients: “When is it YOUR turn?” Why did you wait so long to come see us? Go have some fun before you are too old to enjoy it! You are not a relic or anywhere close, but lets face it, if we don't change it up now, that time will come. It's inevitable.
2. Minimize Time Killers. Cease gossiping and avoid those who gossip. Get off those time-wasting online dating sites. Stop dating that man or woman that you know is just not the "one." Stop focusing your energy in a negative direction. Just say NO to anything that doesn’t add value to your life. Say NO to people and things that no longer serve your higher purpose (LOVE).
3. Fear of Rejection is Fools Gold. You will regret the things you didn’t do way more than the things you did. Think Vince Lombardi, Steve Jobs, Oprah Winfrey. Rejection didn’t imprison them, so why should it freeze you? Quitters never win and winners never quit. The YOU of the past that loved life is still inside of you. Let's find that person again.
4. Cool Down Urges to Overindulge. Overdoing in food, drink, or any other vice is a surefire way to sabotage the balance of your mind and body. Overindulging will block your dreams of a life of love and happiness. If you find yourself to be overindulging and doing things you should not be doing or dating people you should not be dating, you are only destroying the chances of being the best you and opening up your center for love. You are essentially blocking yourself from love.
5. "Move!" Movement is key and is a cure for mild depression and/or anxiety. The next time you find yourself plopping down on the couch after dinner, go for a 30 minute walk instead. The rewards of action versus stillness are too profound to measure. Your mind will relax and create more space for loving people and thoughts. This is medical science.
6. Reconnect by Disconnecting. Instead of spending time alone in front of the television (in fantasy land) or computer (online dating), make a date with someone you would like to get to know better--or make an appointment with me. (Do call quickly as my schedule is already filling up for the month of March!) The point is: If you don't know anyone to connect with, we can help make an introduction for you. We are named "THE Florida Matchmakers" for a reason and introducing people is our skill. It is not what you know, it is who you know. It's simple. It's math. It's smart.
7. Explore! Make new friends and see new places. Challenge yourself. Awaken. It's good for your brain...not to mention your love life and your body. Dare to do something out of your daily grind. Variety is the "spice of life" and will compliment your life, your year, your mind, heart and soul. You deserve it too. Refill that love tank. You have waited long enough and missed out on enough. Keep calm and get lucky in love--it's March! You're alive and the world is full of wonder this Spring. Stop the madness, chin up, chest out and go for the connection you deserve!
Research shows that connecting to others is good for your health, looks and stress level. It will slow the aging process. There is no time like the present to seize the day. Happy St. Patricks Day to all of our readers, fans and couples! Thank you for spending your time with me once again!
Much Love, Xoxo, Kelly
#BeLuckyInLove #MagicMarch #RevolutionDating #SpringIntoLove #JoinTheLoveMovement #TellYourFriends #MarchMadness
Kelly Leary© has 28 years in the dating industry and a Master’s Degree in Psychology. She’s been profiled by ABC News, The Palm Beach Post, PalmBeacher Magazine, and other nationwide publications. All Revolution Dating clients are prescreened in person in their private offices. Professional photos are taken by the staff. Revolution Dating is not online dating or blind dating. In addition to providing matchmaking services that make singles “UN-single” through their exclusive membership, Kelly also holds private singles events from golfing mixers to cocktail parties. Each membership is custom made to suit you and your needs. Revolution Dating will do a background check.For more information, please call:or visit*All inquiries are confidential. * Representing Ages 21 to 81.