The Heart Chakra, or Anahata. Anahata means “unstuck” or “unhurt” in Sanscrit. The Heart Chakra, located at the center, symbolizes the space where our physical needs meet our spiritual needs. Physically it is associated with our heart, lungs, thymus gland and breasts. Emotionally this chakra is tied to love (for yourself and others), compassion, forgiveness and acceptance and transformation.
The Heart Chakra is all about connections – connections to ourselves and to others. It allows us to see and appreciate the beauty all around us.
When your heart chakra is open, you are flowing with love and compassion, quick to forgive and find acceptance in yourself and others.
Imbalances in the Heart Chakra
A closed or imbalanced Heart Chakra can cause feelings of grief, anger, jealousy, fear of betrayal, and dislike or even hatred to yourself or others. You may experience a fear of intimacy, codependency, hold grudges or even isolate yourself from loved ones. Physically, an imbalance can result in respiratory ailments or circulatory or heart-related problems.
How to balance the Heart Chakra
Here are some simple ways to open your Heart Chakra:
- Practice self-care: regular meditation practice, a walk on the beach, coffee with a friend, a good book, a warm bath or yoga class
- Practice love and compassion for yourself starting with your physical body. We all have things we would like to change and limitations but stop to appreciate what your body can do for you (like allowing you to take a yoga class). Acknowledge and take time to feel your feelings. They aren’t meant to be hidden.
- Cultivate appreciation and joy for the beauty all around you in nature and in people you meet throughout the day
- Figure out what feeds your soul and make time to do it
- Practice forgiveness beginning with yourself – start with the small stuff
- Express gratitude daily
Do any of these sound familiar? As Oprah says, Spirituality is a muscle and just like our physical bodies we need to exercise our spiritual muscles in order to build them.
Thank you to Jennifer at Zeal Yoga for this wonderful email we had to share the love. "The Love in Us Honors the Love In You."
#RevolutionDating #FindLove #ZealYoga #HeartChakra #Compassion #LoveOffline #love #tellyourfriends